Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Restart Button

One of the BEST parenting things that has happened to me is discovering my restart button. I feel like everyone has one. Going for a walk, relaxing in a bath, reading etc. I don't remember when I discovered mine, but it has been a life saver. When my mornings get crazy, and I mean KRAAZZY, children are yelling at each other and I'm yelling even louder at them to STOOOP YELLING while their oatmeal is upside down on the opposite end of the house and there is spit up on me...this is all hypothetical of course.. BUT when mornings get out of hand, I click my literal Restart Button.

My Pandora App - LDS Hymns of Worship Station

I pull out my phone, turn that station on, and in my head say a little prayer. I keep it playing in my pocket and after a few songs I feel like I've restarted myself. Without fail. Yes The house is still crazy, but I feel at peace, strengthened, joyful, determined, or whatever it was I prayed for help to be. I have also noticed the music helps my children restart too. This is MY restart button. Have you found yours yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment